Sheila Seck, Managing Partner
Sheila focuses her practice on assisting entrepreneurs as they launch their business and encounter change as they grow. She works closely with growing companies, established businesses, and investors to develop solutions to the broad range of challenges they encounter in running their businesses. She works with clients on managing founder relationships and ownership issues, corporate governance for new and established companies, protecting intellectual property, financing issues, including state and federal securities laws, and preparing business owners to sell their companies. Sheila works with many companies as they prepare to sell their business or acquire new ones by advising them through the buy and sell process, including the often complex allocation of risk in mergers and acquisitions.
Sheila combines her legal experience with a practical understanding of the needs of her clients. She has developed a culture at Seck & Associates where attorneys develop an in-depth understanding of the firm’s clients so that practical solutions can be applied to meet client’s goals and objectives. The firm doesn’t believe in a “one size fits all” approach to providing legal or consulting services. Sheila also connects clients with many resources in the business community, including investment bankers, capital resources, bankers, and HR resources.
Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, Juris Doctorate
- Ranked in the top 5 out of a class of 200
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor and Staff Member of the Washington University Law Quarterly
Rockhurst College, Kansas City, Missouri, Masters of Business Administration
University of Missouri, Rolla, Missouri, Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Seck & Associates LLC, Managing Partner, Overland Park, KS, 2007 – Present
- Warden Triplett Grier LLP, Partner, Overland Park, KS, March 2004 – 2007
- Honeywell International Inc., Assistant General Counsel & member of Honeywell Aerospace Mergers & Acquisition Team, September 2000 – March 2004
- Bryan Cave LLP, Attorney, Kansas City, Missouri, 1996 – 2000
- United States Courts, Law Clerk for The Honorable D. Brook Bartlett, Chief Judge, Western District of Missouri, August 1994 – August 1996
- Honeywell International Inc., Kansas City, MO, Senior Engineer, May 1984 – August 1991
- Alphapointe, board member 2013-present, executive committee, audit committee, board development
- Stems fundrasing committee and area chair, 2010, 2011
- Association of Women Lawyers Mentoring of Young Lawyers Program, 2009 – 2013
- Kansas City Go Red Campaign Executive Leadership Team, 2010
- Hope House Inc., board member for not-for-profit, Secretary, Finance Committee and Executive Committee, 2000 – 2005
- United Way of Johnson County, Kansas, board member, 2003 – 2004
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, Champions of Character Leadership Committee, 2002
- Chamber of Commerce, Olathe, Kansas, member Economic Development Council, 2002 – 2004
- Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly, Women’s Justice Award, 2014
- Honored as a Women Who Mean Business by the Kansas City Business Journal, 2010.
- Chosen by her peers as Best of the Bar, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Kansas, 1994
- Missouri, 1995